Coronavirus Protective Measures
We continue to review government guidance for educational and childcare settings to understand what protective measures are needed to offer a safe experience for children, parents and staff. These are the key adaptations and protective measures we will implement - these are obviously subject to change.
No financial risk - full credit/refund if we have to cancel camps due to local lockdown. Credit given if your household has to self-isolate during dates booked.
- Camp not bookable by the day - all bookings are now either Mon to Friday (5 day), or Tues to Thursday (3 days) so we can keep children in their group/bubble through the entire week.
- Reduced availability so we can manage groups and ensure there is enough space for all the groups to be socially distanced. Book soon to avoid disappointment.
- Reducing maximum group sizes to 15 for over 8’s, whilst maintaining our group sizes for 6-7 years at 14 which already comply with guidelines. 4-5 years will be in groups of 8
- Extended Day Passes not available as we will need more time at the start and end of the day for additional cleaning requirements. Standard hours will apply so 8:30-9:30 drop off and 16:30 to 17:15 collection.
- Modifying existing activities to maximise outdoor space and increase distancing especially in sport and play activities, whilst making camp as fun as possible!
- Removing some activities that present an unacceptable risk of transmission
- Contactless sign-in and collection – we will send full instructions in due course, but we all know what a 2m distanced queue is like now!
- Staggered lunch and breaktimes to keep groups separate
- Increased hand washing/sanitising for children throughout the day and after each activity/break
- Increased cleaning through the day and at the end of every day
- Symptom awareness and processes for anyone displaying symptoms on camp and isolation area
- Where swimming is available, we follow Swim England’s “Covid Guidance for School Swimming Lessons”. Unfortunately that will limit who can swim this October - the following will apply:
- Instructors are unable to get in the water with children so we can only offer swimming to children aged 8 years and over
- Children Identified by their parents at time of booking as 'Non-swimmers' or 'Swim with Armbands' who are aged 8 years and over cannot take part in swimming
- A full clean of changing rooms takes place between each group using them
- Swimming may be limited to one session per group, per week
- Unfortunately, swimming is not available at Dean Close School, Headington School or Prior's Field School this October Half Term
We understand that you may have additional questions about our camps this season, so please find below the answers to some Frequently Asked Questions.
If you have any other queries, please do not hesitate to get in contact with our friendly Customer Support Team via email (email@example.com) or telephone (0330 111 7077).